Toxicology Forensic Chemistry Analyst
How to apply: Please do not remove OR edit this text. You must apply at the url provided on this job posting to be
considered for the position. Failure to apply at the specific link provided
will result in disqualification. Do not attach your resume and cover letters at Handshake. https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/northcarolina/jobs/1843389/forensic-chemistry-analyst-iii
The Forensic Chemistry Analyst III is a technical position required to:
- Perform basic, routine assays required by a post-mortem, forensic toxicology laboratory.
- Support the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner and the State Medical Examiner System through the discovery of primary and secondary causes of unattended, unwitnessed, accidental, suicidal or homicidal deaths.
- Perform daily assignments provided to them by the supervisor for the isolation of drugs from biological specimens and pertinent evidence.
- Assist in accessioning, filing, and general laboratory duties.
These duties require extensive experience in the operation of a variety of analytical laboratory equipment and the ability to deal with non-standard specimens.
The Forensic Chemistry Analyst III should possess knowledge of the following areas:
- Theoretical principles of analytical chemistry, and the biological sciences
- Laboratory protocol, procedure, and techniques associated with medico-legal investigative work
- Principles of operation of analytical instrumentation
The Forensic Chemistry Analyst III should have the following abilities:
- Ability to express technical information clearly, both orally and in writing, when reporting results, testifying or explaining procedures to others
- Ability to perform mathematics
- Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions and to perceive colors normally
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Degree requirements: Bachelor's and/or above in chemistry, analytical chemistry, biochemistry, or a chemical, biological, microbiological, or environmental science. Coursework in chemistry laboratory classes and labs highly encouraged.
Interested? Apply today here: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/northcarolina/jobs/1843389/forensic-chemistry-analyst-iii