Early Head Start Teacher
Provide a successful, safe and supervised educational setting for toddlers while they are in the Head Start environment (classroom, outdoor play area, and field trips). Develop individual goals for children, provide on-going assessment on progress and facilitate transition into Head Start or other pre-school settings. Support parents in their role as primary caretakers and educators of their children and encourage their involvement in all aspects of the program. Maintain on-going contact with families and work with all other components (health, nutrition, family services, mental health, special services, parent education and resource/referral) to integrate services into the family setting. Ensure the program is meeting goals of excellence set by the Director of Early Learning Program. The position is full-time, year-round, benefits eligible and non-exempt.
The YWCA fosters a team environment and seeks employees who are dedicated to promoting our mission: eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
· People of color are encouraged to apply. Qualified candidates who are fluent in Spanish and English are strongly encouraged to apply.
- A minimum of an infant/toddler certificate or infant/toddler CDA.
- Preferred an Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in early childhood, or birth to kindergarten education, or a four year degree in a related field that includes 6 classes focusing on early childhood education/development.
- Previous classroom experience working with children, birth to kindergarten.
- Ability to apply Early Childhood Development theory in daily classroom activities, and adapt to the individual needs of children.
- Ability to collaborate with others and to work as part of a team.
· Individuals with a related degree and at least 18 semester hours in infant/toddler coursework will be considered.
· Must have flexible schedule to accommodate family needs, may include some evening or weekend hours.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Bilingual English/Spanish skills highly desirable.
· Intermediate to advanced computer skills, internet and e-mail.
- Must have a valid Driver's License and proof of insurance and must provide own vehicle for home visits. Regular driving for home visits sometimes in outlying areas is required.
- Within 30 days of employment must be Pediatric CPR & First Aid certified.
Please apply for this position only after reading the complete job description at www.ywcaofasheville.org under the heading ‘Who We Are.’ Contact information is provided there. Please do not call the YWCA to discuss this position.
Accepting Applications through October 20, 2017.
Application available online at www.ywcaofasheville.org
Pay range is $10.00 to $13.00 per hour based on education.
Applications and resumes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the attention of Mary Beth Herman.