Design Build Site Manager
The Opportunity: WSDOT is seeking an experienced engineering professional with exceptional leadership, organizational skills and knowledge of the design-build process to assist in leading a staff of engineers responsible for the I-5/JBLM design build construction project.
As the Design Build Site Manager, you will be tasked with assisting the Project Engineer to provide leadership, management, and oversight to the field office responsible for the delivery of the I-5/JBLM design build construction projects. Within the construction project office, the incumbent will assist in leading thirty engineers and technicians responsible for the delivery of projects, which requires close coordination and cooperation with region staff and support groups, Headquarters, and project stakeholders to accomplish organizational goals and expectations.
This position will perform the following work:
- Accurately apply policy and standards to highway design build construction projects and complete projects safely, on time, and within budget.
- Recommends approval of design changes, work methods, changes affecting traffic or safety, material substitutions, contract time, contract training programs, contract progress schedules and substantial/physical completion of contracts.
- Review deliverables pertaining to design documents and contract documentation, materials certifications, environmental compliance, change order management, EEO/COA compliance, final records, and contract reporting.
- Work closely with WSDOT and Design-Builder subject matter experts to resolve complex engineering issues in a manner that best serves the project needs.
- Work closely with the Project Engineer and region communications to develop and implement project communication/outreach strategies.
- Assist the Project Engineer to initiate personnel and staffing actions necessary to carry out project delivery.
- Directly assist the Project Engineer in delivering a portion of the region's highway construction program totaling approximately $250 million dollars.
An ideal candidate for this position will have:
- Four years of demonstrated and progressively responsible managerial/supervisory experience in managing a diversified workforce.
- Must have experience managing complex construction contracts worth more than $50 million dollars.
- Strong skills in establishing plans and setting objectives and goals that support overall program strategy/results; monitoring, measuring performance, and making necessary course corrections to the same.
- Good knowledge of the departments design and construction principles and practices, contracting methods and procedures, and program accountability.
- Valid driver's license.
- A Professional Engineering license with the State of Washington is desired.