Audience Engagement & Marketing Associate
Cleveland Public Theatre seeks Audience Engagement & Marketing Associate
Cleveland Public Theatre’s (CPT) mission is to raise consciousness and nurture compassion through groundbreaking performances and life-changing education programs. CPT seeks an Audience Engagement & Marketing Associate interested in joining its hardworking team with ambitious goals of deepening the organization’s work and making change.
Deadline to Apply is November 9, 2020
Description of Position
The Audience Engagement & Marketing Associate (AEMA) reports to the Director of Audience Engagement & Media Relations toward the goals of building audience and expanding the reach of CPT artistic and education programming regionally and nationwide. CPT is less interested in “ticket sales” than in gathering together the many communities of the Cleveland region.
This position is a year-round, salaried staff position.
The AEMA is responsible for supporting CPT audience engagement and marketing activities and initiatives across a range of media types. All positions at CPT work across departmental lines, and the AEMA is involved in many aspects of the theatre.
CPT is seeking a storyteller with outstanding writing, editing, and communication skills. The position requires strong organizational abilities, attention to detail, a passion for the arts and the mission of CPT, and a desire to grow and learn new skills. The successful candidate will be curious, collaborative and imaginative, adaptable and flexible, and have experience working with a diverse range of constituents.
CPT cares passionately about reflecting our community and pursuing diversity at all levels of the organization. CPT has a demanding working environment with long, intense hours, but we have fun and love what we do. We value hard work, kindness, generosity, passion, and grace-under-pressure. For applicants considering relocation to Cleveland: our city is an excellent community to live in with top-notch arts and culture, a vibrant theatre scene, beautiful public parks, a great lake, and VERY affordable housing.
- Develop robust, content-rich materials for CPT’s patron emails; manage distribution of electronic newsletter and pre/post-show patron emails
- Create and update website content
- Drive social media across multiple platforms
- Proof marketing materials
- Provide support and assistance to Director of Audience Engagement for audience engagement initiatives and other duties related to audience development, in-house display, and marketing of CPT productions
- Represent CPT at opening weekends, community meetings, and promotional events
- Nurture and develop relationships with artists and community partners
- Maintain archives of reviews and marketing collateral
- Other related duties as assigned
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Writing and content creation
- Exceptional proofing skills
- Social media savvy
- E-newsletter creation and delivery
- A commitment to centering antiracist and anti-oppressive practices in their work
- Deadline-driven and able to manage and prioritize amongst multiple projects simultaneously
- CPT is home to Teatro Público de Cleveland and Masrah Cleveland Al-Arabi. Fluency in Spanish or Arabic would be a huge plus.
- Familiarity with e-newsletter platforms, WordPress and/or basic HTML
- Social media analytics
- Database or Customer Relationship Management
- The Audience Engagement department is growing and flexing with the times; experience with digital content creation (i.e. motion graphic development, video editing, etc.) would also be a plus.
- $30,000 to $36,000 annually with benefits
Review of candidates will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled. To apply for the position, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line should read: [LAST NAME], Audience Engagement & Marketing Associate. The email should include two attachments: a resume, and a two-page cover letter describing your history, passion, why you are interested in this position, and what you have to offer. Candidates may be asked to provide additional materials after original application.
About Cleveland Public Theatre
CPT is a nationally recognized center for contemporary performance. Its mission is to raise consciousness and nurture compassion through groundbreaking theatre and life-changing education programs. CPT implements this mission through its annual theatrical season, featuring between eight to ten adventurous professional productions and a robust series of new play development programs that support writers and devisers at multiple points in the creative process. CPT’s acclaimed education programs engage communities in devising new works that speak to contemporary issues, and empower participants to work for positive change in our community. CPT is home to resident community ensembles Teatro Público de Cleveland and Masrah Cleveland Al-Arabi, and CPT annually presents Station Hope, a large-scale community arts festival. CPT’s annual budget is around $1.8 million a year. CPT has 16 full-time staff members.