Congressional Relations Spring Internship
- Interns will be assigned to work directly with the Congressional Relations staff for 20 to 30 hours per week
- This is an unpaid internship.
- The internship can be completed virtually or in person, depending on the circumstances
- Assisting staff in Capitol Hill outreach, strategy and collaborating with Wilson Center programs
- Assisting staff in preparing public briefings and Foreign Policy Fellowship Program and events, including managing mailing lists, RSVPs, and physical setup;
- Proofreading and editing written work;
- Administrative and other duties as assigned
- Because this is an unpaid internship, students are encouraged to consult with your faculty advisor to determine if this opportunity is eligible for academic credit
All interns at the Wilson Center are also encouraged to participate in the many Wilson Center panel discussions, conferences and other meetings outside of their internship responsibilities. A variety of events are regularly available in regional studies and functional issues like public policy and history, environmental issues, international security issues, Congress, foresight and governance. All interns also receive access to the Wilson Center's substantial research resources. Congressional Relations interns may also have opportunities to participate in direct meetings with Congressional Staff and briefings on Capitol Hill.