Manager of Financial Reporting & Analysis
North Carolina Electric Membership Corporation (NCEMC), a Raleigh-based electric utility company, has an opening for Manager of Financial Reporting & Analysis. The Manager of Financial Reporting & Analysis is responsible for the financial reporting of North Carolina Electric Membership Corporation (NCEMC) and its subsidiaries, North Carolina Association of Electric Cooperatives, Inc. (NCAEC), and Tarheel Electric Membership Association, Inc. (TEMA). The position will assist with developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including account reconciliation review and monitoring, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation, the support of budget and forecast activities, and miscellaneous financial analysis.
Academic and Trade Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with concentration in Finance, Accounting, or closely related field required. CPA candidate or certified CPA required.
Two to five years of general accounting experience. Public accounting experience preferred. Detailed knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) required.
· Responsible for quarterly and annual financial reporting, including preparation of Audited Financial Statements and footnote disclosures
· Prepare monthly board presentations on financial results for all companies
· Assist in financial forecasting, including the preparation of the NCEMC Long-Range Financial Forecast
· Monitor and coordinate debt, tax, and other compliance activities and ensure timely filing of all compliance related documents
· Perform detailed review of new accounting standards to determine applicability for all companies and prepare technical accounting memos
· Serve as audit liaison and work closely with external auditors to ensure timely issuance of financial reports
· Perform ad-hoc financial analysis, including communication of results to internal audience
· Assist with and/or lead internal projects to identify and implement business process improvements, including cross department collaboration with other areas of the business
· Assist in the preparation or review of monthly close activities, as assigned
· Perform other duties, as required
Must possess effective working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and common accounting procedures. Advanced knowledge of spreadsheet software required.
Abilities and Skills
Must demonstrate the ability to identify and resolve basic accounting problems. Must possess the ability to proficiently use automated accounting and office systems. Must be organized and able to consistently meet deadlines. Effective social and critical thinking skills are necessary. Results-oriented and motivated with a sense of personal accountability.
Relationships and Contacts
Reports to: Controller
Internal Relationships: Responsible for maintaining internal relationships necessary to achieve the purpose of the position and the desired results
External Relationships: Responsible for maintaining external contacts to achieve desired results
Normal office conditions with occasional travel required. Overtime during month-end close may be expected. Planning of schedules will be expected throughout the year for certain tasks.
Company Profile: NCEMC (http://ncemcs.com/about/ncemc.htm) is one of the largest generation and transmission cooperatives in the nation and is the power supplier for most of the state's member cooperatives. NCEMC acquires the power it sells to its member cooperatives in a number of ways, including asset ownership and Purchased Power Agreements.
North Carolina Electric Membership