Forest School Educator
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Able to create daily and weekly lesson plans that support student development and natural learning.
- Lead daily educational programs with students teaching from lesson plans created.
- Fostering a positive learning environment by creating a calm and joyful atmosphere, encouraging growth towards independence for each child, and assisting children in helping themselves and discovering their individual potential.
- Supervise and be responsible for the physical, emotional, and social well-being and safety for all children in the program (15 students/class; K4-1st grade).
- Passionate about sharing in God’s creation of the natural beauty around us.
- Integrate and articulate gospel into every day lessons and use the Scriptures as a model guide for working with children, their families, and co-workers.
- Responsible environmental steward and willing to teach students to be stewards of the Earth
- Enjoys and is comfortable working outdoors in all weather, year-round while attending to children’s needs
- Attending weekend family events and other required school events.
- Allow children to resolve own conflicts and recognize when it is appropriate to intervene
- Communicate with parents both formally and informally
- Assist with daily cleaning of indoor/outdoor learning space
- Perform physically demanding duties and chores
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and planning sessions
- Other tasks performed as requested.