Public Relations & Digital Marketing Intern Position
- Write press releases around the subject of chronic pain with the goal of them to be picked up by local, national, and international news and media outlets
- Achieve competencies in writing press releases for knee and chronic pain sufferers to be distributed to local, national, and international news and media outlets
- Post press releases on the website (Word Press) and optimize for Search Engine Optimization best practices
- Maintain weekly/monthly social media content and distribution calendar
- Meet deadlines for writing assignments and prioritize while working on multiple projects simultaneously, and revise/edit as directed
- Conduct research through Google Search keyword trends, Google Analytics, databases/CRM and metrics tracking (under the direction of mentor), and following current news/media trends
Internship Learning Outcomes:
- Enhance career goals by gaining valuable and transferable experience writing press releases in any business sector
- Understand the inner workings of an online digital marketing business from a customer attraction media distribution perspective
- Become familiar with the role a fully functioning nervous system can play in the healing of a physical body.
- Learn professionalism and customer service skills through establishing and interacting with various news and media contacts.
Interns are needed throughout the entire academic year. The weekly time commitment is flexible. Interns should be able to provide 4-8 hours of service or more per week. Schedules will be approved and arranged on an individual basis focusing primarily on the deadlines established by the weekly/monthly distribution calendar. Office hours are M-F from 10 am to 5 pm EST. We are located less than 12 miles from the UNCA campus in Weaverville. We are a family owned business driven by the passion and dedication to help relieve pain and suffering one person at a time. We value integrity, honesty, and an integrated approach to health and healing in the body.
- Interest in the health and wellness category with a focus on the best outcome for the client
- Digital media proficiency and understanding of online tracking metrics
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to meet deadlines
- Technical writing, grammatical and communication skills
- Research savviness
- Detail orientation and ability to thrive in a fast paced work environment
- Excellent writing and content marketing skills