Associate Director, Operations & Assessment
The Associate Director, Operations & Assessment oversees and manages all aspects of the Career Center’s office operations, including data collection and analysis, technology and media initiatives, marketing and communications, and in-office logistics and resources. This position supports the strategic goals of career & professional development by managing critical university data and creating campaigns to encourage students and employers to engage with the university. Duties include collecting university-wide career outcomes information, leading the technology strategy of the Career Center, and guiding website, social media and print content for the Career Center. The Associate Director will also develop, conduct, and manage program assessments for the Career Center to inform the strategic direction of career & professional development.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University’s mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University’s mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage data collection and reporting process for the Career Center and University.
- Collect career outcomes data (post-graduate and internship) for graduates of all degree programs at Villanova.
- Analyze information, create & share reports with departments for accreditation, external relations, Advancement meetings, program assessment, Admissions, etc.
- Conduct assessments of Career Center and College professional development programs in order to drive the strategy of Villanova’s career & professional development promise to students.
- Lead the Career Center’s strategy for using technology tools that scale and enhance the career services offerings to students, employers and alumni.
- Maintain excellent, effective relationships with technology partners by sourcing feedback from students and staff who use the products.
- Consistently scan the marketplace to identify tools and resources that can better serve the office and university.
- Serve as Career Center liaison to UNIT for department troubleshooting and the implementation of university online initiatives.
- Educate and assist Career Center staff members through consultation and training on technology trends, principles and best practices.
- In supervision of the Digital Media & Assessment Specialist and Senior Administrative Assistant, manage office operations and the brand of the Career Center in digital and print media.
- Serve as office liaison to University Communication and Marketing.
- Design marketing pieces, aligning with university brand guidelines, to be sent to employers, prospective students & families and current Villanova community members.
- Ensure that the Career Center’s resources are in ample supply to support teams in completing their work.
- Perform other duties and assist with special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- 5+ years of related work experience.
- Expert proficiency with data analysis, including mastery of Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrated understanding of relevant digital and social media platforms.
- Proficiency with customer management software and Microsoft Suite.
- Understanding of data analysis and how to use data to inform strategy.
- Experience creating dashboards using analytics software such as Tableau and Power BI.
- Demonstrated experience managing projects and teams.
- Excellent project management, verbal communication, writing and editing skills, social media literacy, and a solid understanding of good user experience.
- The ability to explain and teach technology to a low-tech audience.
- Excellent discretion and judgment, especially working with sensitive information and with university vendors.
- Able to work independently and as a team member.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Master’s degree in a related field
- Previous experience working in higher education.
- Experience with career services software strongly preferred (Handshake, NACELink, etc.).
- Previous supervision experience preferred.