Human Resources Specialist
The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has an immediate need to employ residents of Baton Rouge, Louisiana as temporary local hires to assist with disaster response and recovery efforts. Local hire employees are local residents who aid in the recovery of the community and help their fellow citizens in the recovery process. Apply for this exciting opportunity!
In this position, you will provide administrative and human resources support.
Typical assignments include:
- Working with hiring managers to determine personnel and staffing requirements.
- Preparing HR documentation such as the Request for Personnel Action (SF-52) form.
- Retrieving workforce management information reports, analyzing report data, verifying report accuracy, and taking any corrective actions needed to reconcile reports.
- Providing guidance regarding timekeeping policies and procedures and determining need for and inputting corrections to the timekeeping system.
- Managing assigned personnel in the Deployment Tracking System (DTS) and making required updates as needed.