Youth Engagement Internship
The Climate Reality Project is a nonprofit organization founded by former Vice President Al Gore. Our mission is to empower a global cultural movement demanding immediate action on the climate crisis using cutting-edge advertising and communications strategies to demonstrate the urgency and solvability of the climate crisis.
The Climate Reality Project offers an unpaid internship program to qualified candidates in several areas of interest including communications, grassroots organizing, and development. Every Climate Reality intern is assigned a mentor who is responsible for ensuring that the intern experience is educational and rewarding. The overall objective is for the intern to gain as much knowledge and experience as possible while working with the organization.
The Climate Reality Project Engagement team works to create strategic campaigns that empower people of all ages and provide synergy throughout the organizations various program areas to generate measurable impacts that drive towards Climate Reality’s mission.
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Assist in the planning of c(3) Climate Reality voter registration and Get Out the Vote (GOTV) campaigns, as well as the c(4) Climate Reality Action Fund’s Vote Your Future: Vote Climate campaign
- Support Climate Reality’s Campus Corps and community chapters;
- Collaborate with Chapter Support Team staff to create new campaign goals, strategies, and tactics;
- Assist with the production of online and offline content and resources for campaigns and Climate Reality Chapters;
- Assist with campaign tactics such as volunteer recruitment, coalition building, and media engagement.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Creative problem solving and experience working on a team
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Close attention to detail and deadlines
- Demonstrated commitment to combating the climate crisis
- On the ground or digital organizing experience strongly preferred
- Experience in volunteer and digital outreach
- Prior work in nonprofit advocacy, the climate movement, and/or voter registration or GOTV campaigns
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion training or experience
- This position requires a minimum of 25 hours a week, full-time availability of 30-40 hours also welcome
To Apply: Send a resume, cover letter, and dates of availability to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use this subject line: Youth Engagement Internship. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The Climate Reality Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination.