KOTA and KEVN are looking for a dynamic reporter who can do it all: shoot, write, produce, report and anchor. The candidate must be able to enterprise stories, have a great work ethic and be ready to contribute to the top news team in western South Dakota. The position isn't just about television but great storytelling on a variety of digital platforms. AS MMJ, you'll not only report everyday but also train to produce and anchor so when opportunities arise -- you'll be ready to meet the challenge.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- shoot, write and edit local stories
- use editorial judgement to determine content of local newscasts.
- use social media to engage with community and help generate contacts and story ideas
- post daily to all digital platforms and social media including attaching images and streaming video
- interview subjects and research facts for credibility
- produce and anchor newscasts as assigned
- follow clothing and appearance guidelines
- collaborate with news managers, producers and reporters for content and newscast development
- edit video and stories for broadcast
- participate in community events and make public appearances on behalf of the station as assigned
- must have a good driving record
- Must be able to handle on-air responsibilities
- Must be a strong writer with solid news judgement
Send cover letter, resume and demo reel to: