2013 Intern, Latin America & Caribbean / Summer 2020
2013 INTERN, LATIN AMERICA & CARIBBEAN / SUMMER 2020
Location: Washington, District of Columbia, United States
The National Endowment for Democracy (NED) is a federally funded, private, nonprofit grant making organization that works to support freedom around the world, and is seeking a paid Intern for the Latin America and the Caribbean team. The position is based in Washington, D.C.
Position Summary: The Latin America and the Caribbean Team at the National Endowment for Democracy (NED) is seeking a highly motivated individual to serve as an Intern for Summer 2020. The paid internship provides excellent opportunities for contributing to NED’s grant making process, preparing materials to assist the team in strategic planning and analysis, conducting research, writing, and attending relevant events. The intern will also interact with a stream of international visitors, speakers, and activists who are working in support of democratic development and human rights.
Responsibilities: The intern will work with NED’s Latin America and the Caribbean program’s staff in a combination of administrative and substantive issues. Some of the tasks will include but not be limited to:
- Assist program staff in project management duties including:
- attend relevant meetings on key democracy issues affecting the region;
- review and summarize proposals for NED program staff review;
- assist in the preparation of grant cycle materials;
- help map out NGOs and donors working in key countries; carry out research on research-related issues and countries in Latin America, and
- attend meetings with visiting grantees.
- Candidate must be a registered student enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate-level program.
- Academic focus on Latin America and democracy issues.
- Must speak Spanish.
- Qualified candidates should have excellent writing skills, strong analytical skills, maintain a strong work ethic and have sharp attention to detail. Students must also have strong computer skills.
NED Application Deadline: n/a; All internships are posted until filled.
Anticipated Start Date:
o/a June 1, 2020
o/a June 1 - 5, 2020
Anticipated End Date:
o/a August 21, 2020
Authorization: Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
How to Apply:
Applications must cover letter, resume, writing, and contact information for three professional/academic references.
Please, no phone calls; direct inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org with 2013 – LAC Intern (SU20) – YOUR NAME in the subject line. The NED is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, please visit our website at www.ned.org.