On Premise Sales Trainee
Skyland Distributing Company: On Premise Sales Trainee
This role represents an outstanding opportunity for an individual who demonstrates strong abilities in sales to jump start a career in the alcoholic beverage industry. The primary function of this position is to immerse a highly motivated individual into our organization and develop key job skills so they will be fully prepared for success as our next sales representative!
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Goal-oriented and possess a high level of organization.
- Team spirited and solution focused.
- Must be dependable, have a positive attitude, and have the ability to quickly build effective working relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills in addition to decision making abilities and negotiating strengths.
- Sincere interest in learning and maintain product knowledge and company sales standards.
Assist Sales Representatives and learn key job functions:
- Partner with established Skyland Distributing Company accounts and mutually grow our business in On Premise accounts (any account where beverages are consumed "on premise" - bars, restuarants, venues, etc).
- Establish new accounts within the designated sales route.
- Manage a territory of chain and independent accounts.
- Make effective sales presentations of Skyland Distributing Company products.
- Identify opportunities for sales growth within new and existing accounts.
- Work with our supplier partners to promote their products in the market.
- Prepare and present professional written and oral brand presentations.
- Develop effective strategies to achieve assigned goals and placement objectives on a monthly basis.
Assist the On Premise team with other responsibilities:
- Travel through designated territories to assist sales team and run vacation routes.
- Confer with District Managers to resolve any customer issues or complaints.
- Assist in order deliveries on occasion.
- Others duties assigned at the discretion of the Sales Manager, Area Manager or District Manager.
In addition, the sales trainee will be responsible for completing training coursework outlined in a 3 month syllabus.
Education, Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- 4 year degree preferred or equivalent industry experience.
- Valid Driver's License with clean driving record.
- Must be able to lift boxes 40+ lbs.
- Must successfully pass both a physical and a criminal background check.
- Proficient in the use of an iPad and G Suite by Google.
- Aptitude to market an extensive portfolio of brands for placement within assigned accounts.
- Passionate about the wine and beer industry and a desire to constantly improve knowledge and understanding of all major wine regions, and imported, domestic and craft beers.
Why Skyland Distributing Company?
- Competitive commissions plus monthly and quarterly bonuses available.
- Family owned company experiencing rapid growth.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- 401k with company match program.
- Opportunity to sell an extensive portfolio of fine wines, beers and other beverages.
- On-the-job sales training.
- Paid mileage and monthly incentives.
About Skyland Distributing Company:
Skyland Distributing Company is Western North Carolina's premier beverage distributor. Our portfolio and distribution footprint include a fine selection of wines, imported, domestic and craft beers, as well as non-alcoholic beverages distributed across 38 counties in Western North Carolina. Please visit our website at www.sdcwnc.com.