Intern Job Description: Promotions Intern
Founded in 1995, LEAF Global Arts (LEAF) is a non-profit organization, connecting cultures, building community and enriching lives through the arts – locally and globally – with festivals, community events and arts education programs. For more information please visit theLEAF.org.
Position: Promotions Intern
Description: LEAF seeks a dynamic, proactive and detail-oriented intern to assist in promotional efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of festival & event promotion while working for a well-known nonprofit organization in the Western North Carolina community.
• Collect handles for partners, performers, sponsors, vendors & other LEAF collaborators
• Like pages of partners, performers, sponsors, vendors & other LEAF collaborators
• Update event listings across all platforms frequently
• Distribute signature event posters & handbills as needed
• Support for Signature Events
• Firm grasp of available tools & platforms in the social media space
• Proficiency in Google Suite, highly desired.
• Knowledge of WordPress, MailChimp, a plus
• Possess excellent written / oral communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to communicate in a professional manner with staff
• Commitment to cultural awareness and respect for differences
Start Date: Start Date: SPRING: January 2020 | SUMMER: June 2020 | FALL: September 2020 Hours: 5-10 hours/week Compensation: This is an unpaid internship with some perks available.
To Apply: Please a send cover letter, resume and writing sample to Megan Crow at communications@theLEAF.org
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER / DRUG FREE WORKPLACE