The Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES), Falls Church, Virginia seeks an individual for the position of Accreditation Coordinator. The Accreditation Coordinator is an entry level position located in Falls Church, Virginia. This role provides support and interpretive guidance on accreditation standards to institutions and evaluators before, during, and after on-site evaluation visits to assess compliance with the Standards of Accreditation.
• Evaluate institutional documentation for compliance with established standards, as well as providing consultative guidance and feedback with respect to the application of standards at the practical level in the institution.
• Assist with all aspects of the accreditation process, including but not limited to, scheduling visits, developing teams, preparing materials, editing reports, maintaining records, and responding to inquiries.
• Attend and provide assistance to volunteers during ABHES Preliminary Review Committee meetings.
• Attend and provide assistance to Commissioners during and after ABHES Commission meetings to complete the accreditation process.
• Prepare draft correspondence (Commission Action Letters) to institutions consequential to the Commission’s decisions relative to accreditation This position requires significant travel.
Approximately 13-15 days will be spent on the road during travel months.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Professional experience in higher education or accreditation preferred
• Valid driver’s license
• The ability to work with confidential material in a collegial manner
• Team oriented
• Detail-oriented with strong writing, editing, verbal communication, organizational, and analytical skills
• Work well independently with minimal supervision
• Ability to self-motivate and multi-task while working on various projects