Wilderness Field Instructor
The National Center for Outdoor & Adventure Education (NCOAE) is seeking Field Instructors for the 2021 season. Instructors manage the safety of the students while co-facilitating multi-day adventure education programming in the field, including backpacking, kayaking, rafting, and more! Instructors also manage risks and assure effective courses, while serving as an educator and role model.
Must be able to teach and facilitate NCOAE’s curriculum to teens and adults, complete documentation accurately and in a timely fashion and participate in pre-trip and post-trip briefs. Additional duties include facilitating a meaningful group experience and setting an emotionally and physically safe, fun and engaging tone for students to follow.
• Prior experience working with wilderness programs, outdoor education, residential summer camps, or related field
• Current Wilderness First Aid or Wilderness First Responder certification
• Competency in risk management skills
• Prior to hiring: Satisfactory completion of an NCOAE on-campus instructor training or NCOAE
Outdoor Educator Training
• 3+ years experience leading domestic and/or international outdoor education programs
• Current WFR or WEMT certification
• Master’s, Bachelor’s or Associate's degree in adventure education, outdoor education, recreation, wilderness leadership or related degree