Children's Services Manager (1465-12)
Children's Services Section Chief (1465-12)
Deadline to Apply: February 19, 2018
Job & Family Services
222 E. Central Parkway
Cincinnati, OH 45214
Work Hours: 80 hours biweekly
Starting Salary: $71,094 Annually
NOTE: Applicants for positions with Hamilton County Job and Family Services are subject to background screening in accordance with the document: http://www.hamiltoncountyohio.gov/UserFiles/Servers/Server_3788196/File/Government/Departments/Human... Convictions from this list may disqualify a candidate for employment with HCJFS.
Requirements (Education, Experience, Licensure, Certification):
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Human Services, or other closely related field (i.e. those fields that involve the provision of direct services and the assumption of case responsibility, with training in social work, psychology, psychiatric nursing, psychiatry, mental health counseling, rehabilitation counseling, pastoral counseling, and/or marriage and family therapy, etc.), or a Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business, Law, or other closely related field from an accredited college or university, plus a combination of seven (7) years of related direct service and administrative experience.
Job Duties (Summary):
- Coordinates and develops Children's Services policies and activities with other Section Chiefs of Children's Services. Supervises the administration/operations of Children's Services line supervisory units. Analyzes, develops and implements policies and procedures to ensure the prompt, efficient and professional delivery of services to safely maintain children with their birth parents or find safe, suitable substitute care. Resolves individual problem cases and supervises the establishment of service priorities within these units. Works as a partner/consultant with the Family and Adult Assistance, Childcare, Child Support Programs internally, and health and social service agencies externally, in ensuring the integration of all Agency services provided to families living within the assigned geographic area in Hamilton County.
- Responsible for directing subordinates, assigning duties to subordinates, disciplining subordinates when necessary and making recommendations on hiring, suspending, terminating. Provides supervision and consultation with line supervisors and casework staff. Responsible for oversight and evaluation of line supervisors related to agency, state and federal outcome measures in child welfare. Schedules and participates in individual and group conferences and meetings with line supervisors, staff and other personnel. Authorizes medical care and other necessary care and activities for all children in the Agency's custody.
- Acts as an Agency representative to community organizations, hospitals and other organizations serving children and families in Hamilton County. Interprets agency, state and federal policies, and programs to staff. Attends community workshops and meetings to inform the community of available services.
- Works to develop the annual budget for ongoing services in Children's Services and assists in developing the appropriate Division annual budgets. Monitors and approves expenditures to ensure fiscal responsibility of the units and administers the placement, classification and employee relations for staff.
- Attends or presents required training, conferences and/or seminars.
- Performs other related duties as required.