Early Childhood Teacher (Baca/Dlo'ay Azhi Community School)
The Bureau of Indian Education's mission is to provide quality education opportunities from early childhood through life in accordance with the tribes' needs for cultural and economic well-being and in keeping with the wide diversity of Indian tribes and Alaska Native villages as distinct cultural and governmental entities.
JOIN US AS WE INSPIRE THE NEXT GENERATION!
POSITION TITLE & GRADE: Teacher (Early Childhood), CY-1710, Level 11 – 17 (1 Position)
STATEMENT OF DUTIES: The teacher will provide instruction at the professional level, as a classroom teacher, as a team teacher or a remedial or special services teacher according to the setting and organizational structure of the school. He/she will be responsible for planning, implementing and evaluating instructional activities under stated guidelines.
SALARY RANGE: $217.86 to $437.54 per day (BIE Education Pay Schedule is based on education & experience)
POSITION INFORMATION: School Year Contract (Full-Time – Seasonal)
LOCATION: Department of the Interior, Bureau of Indian Education (BIE), Baca/Dlo’ay azhi Community School, Prewitt, New Mexico
ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: 17-D31N02-002 )
ISSUING DATE: 11/13/2017
CLOSING DATE: 11/20/2017
INDIAN PREFERENCE POLICY: Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified Indian candidates in accordance with the Indian Preference Act of 1934 (Title 25, USC, Section 472). Verification Form BIA-4432 MUST be submitted with the application if claiming Indian Preference. Indian preference eligibles that are not currently employed in the Federal service will be appointed under the Excepted Service Appointment Authority (Schedule A). Consideration will be given to Non-Indian applicants (status or reinstateable) in the absence of qualified Indian Preference eligible.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Within the scope of Indian preference, all candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin or other non-merit factors.
REASONABLE ACCOMODATION LANGUAGE: This agency provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify this agency. The decision in granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED: Refer to BIE Education Position Categories and Qualifications Handbook for additional qualification requirements and substitutions for education. Applicants must meet the qualification requirements contained in the BIE Education Position Category.
BASIC EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
A Bachelor’s Degree is required. All professional educators must meet the certification standards for the position in the State where the position is located which may include certifications issued by other states recognized by the State in its Teacher Certification Reciprocity Program. Emergency and provisional certificates may be accepted under the condition that they are issued by the State certification authority.
BASIS OF RATING: All applicants for this position will be rated and ranked based upon the extent and quality of their experience, training and/or education as reflected on the application. The judgment of qualifications will be based on the material submitted; therefore, it is to the applicant’s advantage to give complete and thorough responses and to present information in a neat and orderly fashion. Qualifications and veteran’s preference eligibility will be determined on the basis of information submitted.
· You must be a U.S. citizen to qualify for this position.
· Applicant is subject to a favorable background investigation. This is a Non-Critical, Moderate Risk Position subject to a favorable adjudicated background investigation.
· Subject to probationary period for three full consecutive contract appointments or Subject to probationary period for equivalent to two (2) academic semesters, which may be extended.
· A Pre-Employment Physical Examination will be required
· Physical Examination is required
· The incumbent is required to drive a motor vehicle to conduct business at field locations. A valid State driver’s license is required. All applicants MUST submit a current GSA Form 3607, Motor Vehicle Operator’s License and Driving Record in order to receive consideration. Incumbent must possess a valid State Driver’s License.
· All male applicants born after December 31, 1959, will be required to complete the certification document to confirm their selective service status.
- Government Housing IS NOT available.
- Relocation Expenses WILL NOT be paid.
NOTE: Persons submitting incomplete applications will be given credit only for the information they provide. It is the applicant's responsibility to submit all required documentation in support of their application in order to receive full credit for their Veteran Preference determination, Indian Preference, education, training and/or experience. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION WILL NOT BE SOLICITED BY THIS OFFICE.
HOW TO APPLY: Applicants may file a resume/application. The resume/application must include Vacancy Announcement No., Job Title, Duties and accomplishments, Employer’s name and address, supervisors name and phone number, starting and ending dates (month and year), hours per week, and salary to ensure optimum consideration. The following forms listed with an * must be submitted in order to be considered for the position.
- *Applicants may file a resume or any other written format of the applicant's choice. MUST CONTAIN: Vacancy Announcement No., Job Title, Duties and accomplishments, Employer’s name and address, supervisors name and phone number, starting and ending dates (month and year), hours per week, and salary. Complete names and telephone numbers of Employer reference (must be within the past 5 years) and three (3) personal references. List people who are not related to you and who know you will on personal basis and know your qualifications and fitness for the kind of job for which you applying.
- *College Transcript is required for verification/documentation and for pay purposes (if selected, applicant must provide Official College Transcripts, if applicable)
- *Copy of Valid State Teaching/Counselor License or Valid Administration License
- Form BIA 4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment, is required for claiming Indian Preference. The form must be completed by the appropriate official with the federally-recognized tribe where the applicant is enrolled as a member. No other form will be accepted.
- Copy of most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, current or former Federal employees.
- Applicant Screening Questionnaire, Indian Child Protection Requirement Form, must contain original signature and date. This position is covered by P.L. 101-647, Indian Children Protection Requirements, and persons convicted of crimes enumerated in the law are not eligible for the position. Optional during the application process; however, selectees will be required to submit as part of the pre-appointment process.
- Form GSA 3607, Motor Vehicle Operator’s License and Driving Record, available at http://www.usa-federal-forms.com/gsa-gsa.html (USE NONFILLABLE PDF VERSION).
Applications become part of the official record and will not be duplicated or returned. This office will accept telefaxed applications. Applicant’s qualifications will be evaluated solely on the information submitted by them in their applications. Applications mailed using Government postage and/or envelopes are in violation of OPM and postal Regulations and will not be considered. E-mailed applications/resumes will NOT be accepted.
FAX APPLICATION TO: (505) 972-2310
Bureau of Indian Education
Baca/Dlo’ ay azhi Community School TELEPHONE:
Attention: Human Resources Office (505) 972-2769
P.O. Box 509 FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Prewitt, New Mexico 87045 CONTACT: Bernice Etsitty, Bus. Tech
Applications and all accompanying documents must be received by the close of business (5:00 p.m. MST) on the closing date of the announcement.
For VERIFICATION of our receipt of your application-resume, please contact:
Business Technician/Bernice Etsitty, (505) 972-2769