Bioterrorism Microbiology Laboratory Medical Specialist
Apply here: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/northcarolina/jobs/1836849/laboratory-medical-specialist-micr...
The primary purpose of this Laboratory Medical Specialist (Micro BTEP) position is to provide direct laboratory support for public health emergency preparedness and response in collaboration with the CDC Laboratory Response Network (LRN).
The individual will be responsible for:
- Laboratory operations to include using various techniques to culture, identify, and characterize bacterial agents and toxins of public health concern
- Assay quality control and quality assurance for work performed, instrumentation preventative maintenance, and management of laboratory supplies and reagents
- Consultation to physicians, epidemiologists, nurses & other laboratorians
- Surge capacity assistance
- Cross-training in other areas of the Microbiology Unit to provide coverage and workload assistance.